New York City Science & Engineering Fair
What is NYCSEF?
The New York City Science and Engineering Fair, the largest high school research competition in NYC, is sponsored by the New York City Department of Education and the City University of New York. Each year, hundreds of students participate from all over the five boroughs.
- Top awards include:
- Scholarships to study at CUNY’s City College of New York and Hunter College
- An all-expense paid trip to represent NYC at the 2016 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF)
WHAT IS INTEL ISEF?
- The world’s largest international pre-college science competition
- Winners of the NYCSEF competition will represent Team NYC at the INTEL ISEF
- Compete for more than $4,000,000 in awards.
What SRMPers can apply?
- STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE SRMP AS JUNIORS MAY APPLY IN THE FALL OF THEIR SENIOR YEAR
Okay, I'm a senior and completed SRMP last year, but my teammate is in college. Does that matter?
- No, you can still compete in the team category. Your partner will have to sign some paperwork, but you will be the primary applicant
Should I apply?
- Yes! - You have a civic responsibility to disseminate your research to the world
- Yes! - You did some kick-ass research and already have a great poster.
- Yes! - There are scholarships to be won. Like the lottery, you have to be in it, to win it..
- Yes! - The finals are held at the AMNH under the big whale. That is reason enough.
How do I apply?
I have questions about the application. How do I contact?
Reach out to the SRMP Manager and the SRMP Team.. We are here to help you get your application completed
You got into NYCSEF, now what?
Do I need to Reprint my Poster?
Yes and you need to make the following changes:
- Remove the name of the mentors and any co-authors who are NOT presenting with you
- Add your mentor and your fellow SRMPers to the acknowledgements. For example, " I extend my appreciation to __________ for their assistance in data analysis and dissemination and my mentor, ______".
Will the MUSEUM RePRinT my Poster?
- Of course! We just need at least 2 weeks
WHAT DO I NEED THE DAY OF THE FAIR?
- Your poster, poster board, and an easel. SRMP can loan you the board and easel!
- Dozen copies of your abstract